Updating Reddcoin Core to a newer version
If you want to discuss the contents of this guide, or if you have any questions, please create a post in the /r/Yavuz_Selim subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Yavuz_Selim/.
Newer versions of Reddcoin Core have bugfixes and new features. Updating to the most recent version of Reddcoin Core is recommended.
Use this guide to update an existing installation Reddcoin Core. If you are installing Reddcoin Core for the first time, you can follow this guide: Downloading and installing Reddcoin Core.
Writing a guide like this takes time and effort; tips are appreciated.
My Reddcoin address is
Step 1: Check if most recent version of Reddcoin Core is installed
Currently, the most recent version is: Reddcoin Core v3.10.4.
To check the version of your Reddcoin Core, follow these steps:
- Open Reddcoin Core.
- Open 'Debug window', via 'Help' (menu) → 'Debug window'.
- The 'Debug window' appears on the screen, showing the 'Information' tab.
Client version will tell you your Reddcoin Core version.
It should be v3.10.4.
- If your version is v3.10.4, you are running the most recent version. You don’t need to update.
If your version is not v3.10.4 (and thus older), you should update Reddcoin Core.
Continue with step 2 below.
Step 2: Backup
Always make a backup of your wallet first if you have any Reddcoins in your wallet. Do not skip this step.
You can read here how to make a backup.
Step 3: Update to most recent version
- Make sure Reddcoin Core is not running.
Exit Reddcoin Core, via File → Exit.
- Download the most recent version.
Via Reddcoin.com: https://www.reddcoin.com/#redd-wallet.
Recommended: Windows 64-bit.
- To install Reddcoin Core, open the downloaded file.
- The Setup Wizard will open, and guide you through the installation of Reddcoin Core.
Click 'Next' to continue to the next step.
- In the next step, you need to choose an installation location. It is recommended to use the default location. If you want to select your own custom folder, you can do so in this step.
Click ‘Next’ to continue to the next step.
- In the 'Choose Start Menu Folder' step, you can give a name to the folder for the Reddcoin shortcuts in the Start Menu. You can also select not to create shortcuts. It is recommended to use the default settings.
- Click ‘Install’ to install Reddcoin Core.
- After the installation is completed, you can finish the installation.
You should be able to start Reddcoin Core as you always did.